Alliances of Civcraft 2.0
In contrast to the sprawling network of alliances many were used to from CivClassic 2.0, only a handful of alliances existed on Civcraft 2.0 and had very little overlap between them (Hjaltland being the most notable example as they were in both the North East Alliance and the Great Northern Alliance). Almost every alliance that did exist besides the World Police was also quadrant-based. Every quadrant had at least one alliance to which eligibility was entirely determined by if a nation was located in that quadrant. Each alliance had different characteristics and levels of oversight and authority over their members, but they were almost always military alliances in some form.
List of Alliances
Alliances Active by EOTW
Great Northern Alliance (GNA)
- New Senntisten
- Tropica (annexed by New Senntisten on July 25, 2015)
- Federal Socialist Republics (withdrew on August 8, 2015)
- Hjaltland (withdrew on August 8, 2015)
- Icenia (annexed by Volterra on October 2, 2015)
The GNA was founded on February 27, 2015. Mostly intended as a collective security treaty where bounties were common across all member nations, the alliance was also a free trade area. The nation that spearheaded its foundation, New Senntisten (formally the Senntisten Republic but also called just Senntisten for short), was made up from settlers who emigrated from Orion following a failed secession attempt on September 21, 2014. They cited their under-representation in the Orion council while still being subjected to intense Orionite oversight and harassment as their reasons for moving. Shortly after its founding, the SPQR joined the GNA on March 14, 2015 in an attempt to further strengthen their land claims by regional cooperation (SPQR was known for this and at one point was in three alliances simultaneously). This angered many of those in the UMM, which both the SPQR and Orion were members of. Nevertheless, the SPQR was able to remain in both alliances, and the GNA was further bolstered by the addition of many new nations, like Volterra, Icenia, and Tropica, who wished to join their first alliance and reap the security benefits from their more equipt allies. Originally a rogue state that spawned in New Senntisten's claims, the nation of Balkania was able to diplomatically cool tensions, buy more land from New Senntisten, and officially join the GNA on March 1, 2015. Following some months of disagreements over their actions in their other alliances, the FSR and Hjaltland left the GNA on August 8, 2015 to take part in the Goten Secession Conflict without hindrance. As it was a relatively new alliances whose members overlapped with a handful of other alliances, conflict sometime arose between its nations, like when SPQR floated declaring war on Mir, who was an ally of Volterra. These unresolved tensions largely contributed to the alliance's decline and disbandment when Civcraft 3.0 started.
Holy Krautchan Empire (HKE)
- Xia (annexed by Gensokyo on August 8, 2015)
The HKE was founded on August 22, 2014. With all members previously hailing from the Krautchan minecraft server, the HKE was the formalisation of an already existing cultural and military alliance between Grundeswald, Prussia, and their dependencies. Each member became an elector of the HKE who would vote for its emperor, which was mostly a figurehead position but did have influence in guiding interalliance policy. Gensokyo, which was previously a colony of Grundeswald, became independent on September 1, 2014 after the expiration of the Annexation of New Detroit Treaty and joined the HKE as its own elector. The diplomatic and military benefits of the HKE were pivotal in deciding the Yurtstead War, which resulted in the expansion of Gensokyo and decline of its rival New Danzilona, and the Goten Secession Conflict, which saw Gensokyo selling its entire original land claim and moving to the annexed Grundeswegian state of Xia. All of its members besides Gensokyo largely went inactive after the end of 2.0, and Gensokyo would undergo a shift away from Krautchan culture on CivClassic 2.0, resulting in the previous Gensokyojin leadership founding the failed state of Appomattox.
North East Alliance (NEA)
- Maester Alliance
- Saraliana (annexed by Garundistan on August 25, 2015)
- Rosewall (withdrew on December 8, 2015)
- Federal Socialist Republics (withdrew on January 3, 2016)
- Eterna (withdrew on January 3, 2016)
The NEA was founded on March 18, 2014. Made up of the many mercantile nations of the +,-, the NEA mostly functioned as a non-aggression and non-intervention pact so as to not stand in each other's way during business and adventure, and each member helped each other pearl griefers. The NEA's most notable conflict was with Grundeswald, who Bryn had previously invaded over land claim disputes and incursions by griefers into Bryn from Grundeswald. After Grundeswald expanded further north, the NEA invited Hjaltland to join them as a way to counter and block Grundeswald's movement. Interalliance conflict also occurred between Fellowship and New Leningrad, who annexed many nations that had overlapping claims with Fellowship upon becoming the FSR. Tensions between the NEA and FSR boiled over after most NEA members did not come to the aid of the FSR in a conflict with Savion, resulting in the FSR's and Eterna's withdrawl on January 3, 2016, just a few days before the end of 2.0 was announced. Although the alliance still existed by the server, many of its member nations had gone inactive or had populations of just one person and so did not come back for Civcraft 3.0.
United Provinces of the Plus Plus (U3P)
- Kingdom of Blackcrown
- New Danzilona
- Kingdom of Eclipse
- Republic of Little Latvia
- Pellan Empire
- The Wander Association
- Holy Tree
- Republic of Churchill
- Stoneburrow (withdrew on March 5, 2014)
- Kolima (merged into Abyssima on August 22, 2015)
- Yoahtl (withdrew on August 26, 2015)
The U3P was founded on December 11, 2013. Through the summer of 2013, the relatively small nations of the +,+ had been making contact with each other and forming smaller defensive alliances, such as the one between NDZ and Holy Tree. An attempt was made to unite these alliances under one banner, the Macedonian Empire, in early November 2013, but fell flat when the prospect of political domination by one city was unattractive to many of is potential members. However, official diplomatic channels were created following this attempt, resulting in the creation of the Plus Plus Diplomacy subreddit. This network of formal and informal alliances would strengthen over the course of November after most of its members began enduring attacks by the griefer Rancuneus. To better ensure their mutual defence and cooperation, the Plus Plus Diplomacy network was reformed into the U3P, resulting in the creation of its Secretary General, Secretary of Defence, and Senators from each of its nations. Along with the defensive alliance, the nations of the U3P shared many pieces of economic infrastructure, such as a rail network, bastion co-op, and nether factory. The U3P was arguably one of the most stable alliances of 2.0, with conflict only arising after Yoahtl formed a separate alliance with Gensokyo in July 2015, who at the time was a rival of Holy Tree. After accusations by the rest of the U3P of paying off newfriends to grief them, Yoahtl formally withdrew from the U3P on August 26, 2015. The citizens of the U3P remained in continuous contact with each other after the end of 2.0, founding the nations of the Volans with the eventual intent of uniting them under the Volantian Federation on Civcraft 3.0. Many of them also went on to found Provincia on CivClassic 2.0, but most Threepers fell inactive shortly afterwards over a dispute over roads and factories. As of the time of this writing, some former Threeper communities still exist and plan to found the nations of the Free Danzilonan Republic and Djani Wirehtshig Mehriteht on CivMC.
The Western Alliance was not a typical alliance of sovereign states but rather the dominion over which the nation of Aeon ruled. Aeon was a large, respected, and casual nation founded in early 2014 in the deep -,-, and so when other, smaller buildfriend nations popped up nearby, some of them opted to submit themselves to Aeonite sovereignty for protection. A year after its foundation, Thule proposed a formal structure to the Western Empire, but talks died out before one could be fleshed out. By the end of 2.0, most of the Western Empire had gone inactive, though Thule moved on to be an independent nation on Civcraft 3.0, and dsclouse, a founder of Aeon, was a founding admin of CivClassic 2.0.
Alliances Defunct by EOTW
- Intis (dissolved on January 14, 2015)
Chanda was founded on September 20, 2014. After an advert for Civcraft was made on the now-defunct website 8chan, an influx of channers joined the server and settled in a common area of the sparely-populated -,+. They were assisted by many established nations which also hailed from 4chan-adjacent websites, like Titan and Grundeswald, who protected them from griefers and gave them many supplies for building and reinforcing. Chanada was a very informal alliance that was mostly cultural and might even be better described simply as a geographic area than an alliance. Nevertheless, the autonomous nations of Chanada were united in their hatred of the rest of the server and so had open borders amongst themselves and helped each other build their shared infrastructure. The alliance was not without conflict, however, like when Viridian pearled the government of Intis and exiled its citizens to the new nation of Chanos. Chanada was also the site of the Titan War, which was sparked when Chanadian leader HanTzu leased out the Titan vault to notorious raider Papa_Pound in December 2014. The Chanadians would thereafter forever be opposed by the World Police and Mir, the latter of which declared war upon Chanada in August 2015 over a nether factory dispute. After the war with Mir and bludgeoning of their ally Nox in the Nox War, many citizens of Chanada went inactive and the ones remaining declared their independence. By November 1, 2015, Chanada as a union was dead. Channers would play a role in civ politics for some years after, founding the Chanseatic State on CivClassic 2.0 before mostly going inactive by 2019.
The LSIF was a union of anarchists and libertarian socialists that existed since the days of Ancapminecraft in early 2012. They were a powerful force on Civcraft 1.0, founding many cities and fronting many fighters in the Great HCF War. At the start of 2.0, its remaining members settled in the commune of Catalonia in the deep +,+ but mostly went inactive after the griefer attacks of Rancuneus in November and December 2013. Its members played casually from there on out and many of them later settled in Mt. Augusta. Catalonia itself, however, was abandoned for most of 2.0's history and was subsequently claimed by Grundeswald. By Civcraft 3.0, the LSIF was dead and was spiritually succeeded by the International Workers of Civcraft before eventually being refounded by a new generation of leftists on CivClassic 2.0.
United Federation of Orion (UFO)
The UFO was founded on September 14, 2014. The alliance was Orion's attempt at bringing more political representation to its colonies and dependencies following complaints by the founders of Senntisten. The alliance was a federation that functioned largely the same as Orion's government did, but now the citizens of its territories would also be able to vote and run for national offices. The attempt failed, however, and the citizens of Senntisten announced its abandonment and their emigration to New Senntisten on September 22, 2014. Orion's other territories satisfied with their pre-UFO positions, the alliance fell inactive by October 2014.
United Minus Minus (UMM)
- New Polska
- Olympia (Civcraft 2.0) (withdrew on October 29, 2014)
- Mir (withdrew on April 30, 2015)
The UMM was a military alliance among nations of the -,- formed on June 1, 2014. As the summer of 2014 revved up, the nations of the -,-, particularly Orion, were some of the main benefactors of the influx of activity. In order to protect their newfound strength and also in an attempt to get assistance in their conflict with Senntisten, Orion helped spearhead the founding of the UMM as a mutual assistance pact. After Senntisten was abandoned, the alliance was relatively stable and conflict-free until the SPQR joined the GNA, which was lead by those former Senntistenites, in early 2015. The SPQR began to entangle itself in alliances, hurting their reputation while trying to juggle them all. This culminated in the UMM not assisting the SPQR after a region of theirs seceded and also ultimately led to the withdrawal of Mir after the SPQR allied itself with Mir rival Nox.By midsummer 2015, the UMM was dead.
Civcraft Socialist Coalition (CSC)
- Republic of Little Latvia (withdrew in November 2013)
The CSC was a short-lived attempt at uniting the non-libertarian leftist nations of the deep +,+. Much like Chanada, it was made up of smaller autonomous members that functioned with a shared foreign policy. During the summer of 2013, Proletarskaya annexed the inactive town of Little Latvia, who then declared independence once again after being revived in November 2013. By the end of the summer of 2013, the CSC was inactive but revived under the banner of the RSSR in March 2014. The RSSR was also short-lived, however, and by August 2014 what used to be the CSC was annexed by Titan.
- ↑ https://old.reddit.com/r/CivGNA/comments/2xb95n/senntisten_formally_joins_the_gna/
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/Civcraft/comments/2h3akq/the_people_of_senntisten_march_to_new_horizons/
- ↑ https://old.reddit.com/r/UnitedMinusMinus/comments/2z23gt/the_spqr_has_joined_the_gna/
- ↑ https://old.reddit.com/r/CivGNA/comments/2xjet0/the_independent_state_of_balkania_requests_to/
- ↑ https://old.reddit.com/r/CivGNA/comments/3gaf73/attention_gna_from_the_fsr_and_hjaltland/
- ↑ https://old.reddit.com/r/CivGNA/comments/3gl4m8/gna_declaration_of_war_on_mir/
- ↑ https://old.reddit.com/r/CivGNA/comments/40pq4c/my_concerns_for_30_regarding_trust_between/
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/Civcraft/comments/2eb74z/annexation_of_grundeswald_by_prussia/
- ↑ https://old.reddit.com/r/CivNEA/comments/20p5b7/hello_nations_of_the_plus_minus/
- ↑ https://old.reddit.com/r/CivNEA/comments/2csyat/vote_invite_hjaltland_into_the_nea/
- ↑ https://old.reddit.com/r/CivNEA/comments/2oq4eq/fellowships_response_to_recent_aggressive_actions/
- ↑ https://old.reddit.com/r/CivNEA/comments/3zbry5/its_time_for_the_federal_socialist_republics_to/
- ↑ https://old.reddit.com/r/PlusPlusDiplomacy/comments/1sn3cs/next_steps_for_the_union/
- ↑ https://old.reddit.com/r/TheHolyTree/comments/1ibp2r/here_to_discuss_diplomatic_relations_on_behalf_of/
- ↑ https://old.reddit.com/r/Danzilona/comments/1pua2z/the_macedonian_empire/
- ↑ https://old.reddit.com/r/UnitedProvinces/comments/3euztz/gensokyoyoahtl_alliance_and_an_explanation_on/
- ↑ https://old.reddit.com/r/UnitedProvinces/comments/3if2ne/a_clarification_of_the_yoahtlan_secession/
- ↑ https://old.reddit.com/r/CivAeon/comments/30wvox/the_western_empire/
- ↑ https://old.reddit.com/r/Civcraft/comments/2gzhh6/welcome_to_chanada/
- ↑ https://old.reddit.com/r/Civcraft/comments/2slcux/the_ongoing_situation_in_chanada_explained_and/
- ↑ https://old.reddit.com/r/Civcraft/comments/3fqdzw/mir_declares_open_war_on_chanada/
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/Civcraft/comments/1dlmo0/the_hcf_conflict_in_screenshots_and_posts/
- ↑ https://old.reddit.com/r/CivUFO/comments/2g7dv5/vote_on_constitution_constitution_of_the_united/
- ↑ https://old.reddit.com/r/CivUFO/comments/2kk4q7/is_this_still_active/
- ↑ https://old.reddit.com/r/UnitedMinusMinus/?count=50&after=t3_2c2zys
- ↑ https://old.reddit.com/r/UnitedMinusMinus/comments/2z23gt/the_spqr_has_joined_the_gna/
- ↑ https://old.reddit.com/r/UnitedMinusMinus/comments/34bm00/spqr_requesting_support/
- ↑ https://old.reddit.com/r/UnitedMinusMinus/comments/34g0x5/the_lands_of_mir_are_withdrawing_from_the_umm/
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/Civcraft/comments/21m6r3/the_grand_opening_of_the_rssr_to_the_citizens_of/
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/SovietReunion/comments/2cecof/greetings_comrades/