CivClassic claims as of April 2019, made by Falyvu
CivClassic is a Civ server largely inspired by the success of Civcraft, particularly 2.0. Owned by TealNerd and moderated by an admin team of Maxopoly, LordOfMarzipan, Dsclouse and Iebagi, it brought back many staple mechanics of Civcraft that had been lost after the downfall of 3.0 and the move to Devoted.
CivClassic was made as a result of the disconnect has formed between the direction of Civcraft:Worlds and the player base. As the player base has cited the complexity of the game and the focus of the Civcraft administration, TealNerd wanted to create a new Civ-style server to combine the best of all Civcraft iterations.
Launched on 2 June 2017, it is currently running at the longest running Civ server.
CivClassic imports many various mechanics from Civcraft and other Civ-like predecessors.
- One of the most notable is that it brings back Citadel and its NameLayer, allowing players to reinforce and protect their stuff.
- FactoryMod allows factories to mass produce different necessary items in the game.
- Various combat changes were implemented to make PvP similar to earlier iterations.
- JukeAlert enables jukeboxes and note blocks to track movement through a certain area.
- PrisonPearl, and later ExilePearl, allowed players to deliver justice on their own terms.
- ItemExchange allows for exchange between different items, effectively adding player-made shops.
- Realistic Biomes modifies growth rate for crops in different biomes.
- HiddenOre & Orebfuscator changes the mining process to prevent hackers as well as make it slightly more chance-based.
- Kira is a bot made by Maxopoly and was added in 2018 that relayed messages from outside of game into the game.
- The map is a circle with a radius of 13,000 blocks, a size similar to Civcraft 2.0.
CivClassic was first launched as an alternative to Civcraft 3.0 on 23 July 2016. It was launched about one week prior to its competitor launching. TealNerd launched it due to friction between the Civcraft development team and the supposed views of the playerbase, intending to create the ultimate server with the best of all Civcraft iterations. However, the server went offline only 14 days later.
CivClassic 2.0 Beta
After Civcraft 3.0 went offline, TealNerd began working on a second iteration of CivClassic. He launched an AMA on December 17, 2016 outlining some of the details for the beta that would launch on December 28. The beta was intended to make balance changes and to make the server ready for release. The beta would head offline only a couple months later on roughly March 5, 2017.
History (CivClassic 2.0)
CivClassic's release date was announced on May 31st in an AMA. Admin policies and general gameplay style were reminiscent of Civcraft 2.0, but with a few modifications to make it up to date with the Minecraft version that was used at the time, 1.10.
CivClassic released on June 2nd, 2017. While CivClassic released while Devoted 3.0 and CivEx 3.0 were well into their iterations, CivClassic still held a player count for a long time, due to many groups resurfacing from prior iterations because of the familiar gameplay style. TealNerd didn't expect this level of popularity, and only four days in the server was moved over to a more stable server in Canada. The player created map, created by Gjum, was quickly created after swift contributions of map data.
Much of the server's largest claims in the server's first days were held by The Commonwealth, a spiritual continuation of Commonwealth (2.0), Westeros, a nation inspired by Game of Thrones and headed by ComradeNick, Impasse, a nation made up with most residents of Aquila, Hjaltland, an economic and military-oriented group made up of several veterans from 2.0, Lexington, led by Sintralin and company and Gensokyo, a Japan-themed nation dating back several iterations. Several balance and quality-of-life changes were rolled out through June 2017, targeting VPNs, factory processing times, and modifying some minor gameplay elements.
One of the first conflicts of the server was the Yoahtl-Laconia Wars. Growing from a dispute over resources from nearby Hjaltland, the new nation Laconia began on July 4 and lasted three days until July 7 with Laconia's victory.
The Somber War (Late 2017, Early 2018)
oh come on i already wrote about this/ But you also might want to mention that Rekt was the one who fashioned the somber war name with his video
Peace & Regional Allies (Late 2018)
This was generally supposed to be about the generally peaceful time between FRIENDS and SATO, and how conflict developed during that time.
Infinity War (2019-2020)
It's the infinity war, I really don't know how to do it
Gosh I could go on for hours, add categories as necessary things become created