Portrait of Gjum
|Main Residence||CivCorp, Zen (map storage and display)|
|Known Spoken Languages||
|Iterations played on|
Gjum is a guy who does an awful lot for the wiki and Minecraft server. Has a CivTCG card in his honour. He likes documenting Civ history and making maps, mods, and other utilities.
Creator of several interactive web maps:
- CCMap for CivClassic
- CivMap/2.0 for Civcraft 2.0 (almost exclusively Ashnwill's work but based on CCMap code)
- CivMap for Civcraft 3.0
- Dev3Map for Devoted 3.0
CivBooks is a webpage where you can read full books written on Civcraft 1.0-3.0, Devoted 2.0/3.0 and CivClassic.
RecipeTree is a web tool to calculate resources required to run FactoryMod recipes on CivClassic (see also CivTopWolf's fork for the CivRealms version).
Created several Civ mods:
- CivRelay to send Snitches, group chat, and login/logout messages to Discord.
- GridLines to mark locations in a Snitch/Bastion grid, but can also be used for building repetitive patterns.
- MoreChunks to extend the render distance as far as you want.
- ChatGroupInfo to show a small overlay which group chat you are currently chatting in.
- Tradex (WIP) to show nearby shop chests and their price info.
Updated some Civ mods such as SnitchMaster and CivRadar (but prefers CombatRadar now).
Helps User:Squareblob to manage this wiki.
Fixed VisualEditor on the CivWiki by fixing the extra signature of namespaces.
First played Civ during Civcraft 3.0, struggling in Concordia for a few newfriend days before moving to Aquila. Helped revive Aquila on Devoted 3.0, later filling the position of Chief Justice. When CivClassic launched, he joined the returning OG Aquilans to make Impasse. With CivRealms activity rising and the Mir-NATO War making CivClassic less and less enjoyable, in May 2020 he decided to leave CivClassic and play on CivRealms.
Pronunciation of "Gjum"
The pronunciation of Gjum's name is one of the, if not the greatest mystery in civclassics, and has caused great controversy and difficulty in the CivClassics community. Many different pronunciations are taken as standard among different circles of players. The most notable are as follows:
According to highly advanced Neural Networks:
- ↑ https://old.reddit.com/r/CivRealms/comments/gklf2u/full_map_of_the_main_continent_up_for_auction_now/
- ↑ VisualEditor Fixed : https://old.reddit.com/r/civclassics/comments/fdkf5u/weve_fixed_the_visual_editor_now_theres_no_excuse/
- ↑ 6jurn : https://imgur.com/IWlJTR7
- ↑ GJUM-uh : 
- ↑ Gahm-Zhee : 
- ↑ Go go mage :  : Grabbed on 15 March 2020