Official logo of CivReign
|Start Date||February 17th, 2023|
|Owner||KannonKyle, Cortwade, Owain_X|
|Minecraft Version||1.16 - 1.18|
CivReign is an in-development civ server currently awaiting its official launch, whose development was announced publicly on the 12th of November, 2021. The first public beta was released on April 9th, 2022, with the formal launch of the server being planned for February 17, 2023. The goal of CivReign is to innovate the civ genre by expanding the tech tree by building off old plugins and introducing new plugins. The server is different from others by being much more hands on in terms of admin intervention, featuring a preban list, botting ban, and various rules and regulations in order to prevent server death and the growth of toxic communities.
CivReign had been in development since August 2021, but it was publicly announced on November 12th, 2021. The server was initially planned to be run on 1.12.2 but an expansion of the staff team allowed the server version to be moved to 1.16.5. The administration initially communicated to the community through DevDiaries posted on the subreddit. The alpha of the server was initially planned to be launched on January 22nd, but due to a lack of factory configurations it had to be delayed. The project remained inactive until it was announced that CivRev would be merging with CivReign to centralize development under the umbrella of CivUnion, with CivRev acting as a test server. After more config work was done, the server pre-alpha was announced on February 22nd and launched on February 24th for patrons and their invitees only. A public beta was announced on March 28th, with a launch date of April 9th. It is unknown how long the beta will last.
Released on April 9th, 2022, at 12pm EST, the first beta saw various successes, albeit with some much needed fixes. A tournament was held as well, to help rally up support, (along with giving people something to do during a much-needed reset to fix some problems with the resource pack), and was won by Bob_The_Builder after some minor errors allowed them to be respawned and duel off against a previous opponent, winning themselves a 20 dollar gift card. The first beta has officially ended on September 30th, 2022. However, as the Beta progressed, a larger issue was revealed in terms of balancing. Rather than production and resource collection fostering trade and innovation, as was the goal, the inclusion of the plugin "Descent" took control of the economy and progression of the server. Though fun initially, as time wore on and the server became more mature, it was stated that CivReign was a "descent server with civ mechanics, not a civ server with descent." Further, due to the instability of the plugin and its nature to cause severe lag spikes, the decision was made to cut descent and overhaul the entirety of the server.
On December 31st, 2022, at 7pm EST, the official release of the server was dated for January 27th, 2023. While it has been confirmed certain elements from the previous beta such as Descent has been removed, various other plugins and additions have been added in order to facilitate the growing vision of the server, including an overhaul of the tech tree, various additional plugins to help facilitate the need of travel and economics, but will still include the preban lists, and a new ruling being placed outright banning botting. Along with that, on January 9th, a hint was given to the release time, which would be followed up the next day as 5 pm EST, or 10 PM UTC. The release was forced to be pushed back to February 17th, 2023 due to prior unforeseen issues with the map of the server. Though the map was overhauled, it forced the team to wait until it was no longer feasible to get all mechanics ready and tested for the January 27th launch. To compensate, the CivReign team has begun releasing more teasers to maintain interest until release day.
CivReign's full rules may be found here, but a synopsis can be seen below:
- All content affiliated with CivReign is expected to follow the same guidelines, including in Nation discords.
- Zero tolerance policy for bigotry, harassment, discrimination, etc.
- Keep to a PG-13 age rating
- Breaking rules, failure to report rulebreaking, and circumventing bans are all themselves against the rules.
- Cooperation with admins in investigations is mandatory
- CivReign reserves the right to deny service to individuals if it is deemed they are harmful to the integrity of the server
- King of the Ashes (KOTA) playstyles are prohibited.
- This is defined as actions that harm the integrity of the server, including but not limited to, duplication glitches to destroy server economy, excessive use of Citadel to permanently destroy civilian areas, lag machines, threatening technical stability of the server, etc.
- To clarify, Raiding, Obby-bombing, and other forms of ingame warfare are not considered to be KoTA noncompliant unless it is proven to be with the intent to cause the victimized party to leave the server.
- No cheating.
- No alts, you are limited to one account.
- Botting is banned in its entirety, though macros are allowed. In general, if you can replicate an action by taping down a key, you can use a macro for it.
- Optifine may not be used to visualize additional item information not seen in the vanilla client.
- No vaults or similar infrastructure within 500 blocks of the world border.
- References to historical hate-regimes such as, but not limited to, Nazism, Fascism, Apartheid, etc. are outright banned.
Citadel allows placed blocks to be reinforced. This makes griefing more difficult; however, reinforcing a block costs resources. These resources vary depending on the server. CivReign's resources and their assigned values are listed in the table below. This plugin works by requiring reinforcement blocks under a foreign group to require multiple block breaks before the block is finally destroyed. When the block has been broken the designated number of times(based on the reinforcement material) it will look like a regular block. The amount of times a block must be broken depends on the level of reinforcement used. In order to break reinforced blocks more efficiently, multiple players can break the same block simultaneously.
In order to combat grief using reinforced blocks, acid blocks(gold blocks in game) can be used remove reinforced blocks. To use acid blocks, the player must put the acid block under the reinforced block that they want to get rid of, and reinforce it with the same material that the unwanted block is reinforced with. Once the acid block is matured, the player will need to look at the acid block and type
/ctacid. The gold block and its reinforcement will be recovered, but the unwanted block will disappear.
|Reinforcement Material||Acid Maturation|
/ctrWhile holding a reinforcement material in your hand, type this command and right-click on the block that you wish to reinforce.
/ctbThis command allows you to bypass your own reinforcement(on by default). Type this command and breka your reinforced block to retrieve your materials.
/ctfType this command while a reinforcement material is in your inventory and the blocks you place will become reinforced.
/ctiType this command and punch a reinforced block to get the name of the reinforcement material, strength, and maturation information.
Realistic biomes changes the rate at which crops grow depending on the biome that they are planted in. Other factors such as light level, light object, soil depth, etc also affect the growth times. As a general rule of thumb, most crops will grow best when put in direct sunlight and on solid ground.
|Swamp||12 hr||18.5 hr||12 hr||150 hr||24 hr||24 hr||291 hr||36 hr||18 hr||N/A||36.1 hr||N/A||36.1 hr||N/A||72.75 hr||96 hr|
|Swamp Hills||32 hr||24 hr||32 hr||N/A||60 hr||150 hr||192 hr||72 hr||24 hr||N/A||48 hr||N/A||48 hr||111.6 hr||72.75 hr||111.6 hr|
|Taiga||12 hr||24 hr||8 hr||24 hr||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||36 hr||N/A||72.75 hr||8 hr||72.75 hr||36.6 hr||N/A||N/A|
|Taiga Hills||32 hr||60 hr||12 hr||60 hr||N/A||N/A||145.5 hr||N/A||72 hr||N/A||96 hr||8 hr||96 hr||48 hr||N/A||N/A|
|Snowy Taiga||60 hr||150 hr||60 hr||18.5 hr||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||48 hr||N/A||N/A|
|Snowy Taiga Hills||85.75 hr||200 hr||N/A||24 hr||N/A||N/A||96 hr||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||72.75||N/A||N/A|
|Giant Spruce Taiga||32 hr||60 hr||12 hr||60 hr||N/A||N/A||145.5 hr||N/A||72 hr||N/A||96 hr||8 hr||96 hr||48 hr||N/A||N/A|
|Giant Spruce Taiga Hills||60 hr||150 hr||32 hr||150 hr||N/A||N/A||192 hr||N/A||144 hr||N/A||111.6 hr||12.1 hr||111.6 hr||72.75 hr||N/A||N/A|
|Jungle||60 hr||150 hr||32 hr||N/A||24 hr||24 hr||291 hr||36 hr||144 hr||N/A||111.6 hr||N/A||111.6 hr||N/A||48 hr||96 hr|
|Jungle Hills||85.75 hr||200 hr||60 hr||200 hr||60 hr||60 hr||182 hr||72 hr||72 hr||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||72.75 hr||111.6 hr|
|Plains||12 hr||60 hr||60 hr||150 hr||200 hr||60 hr||192 hr||36 hr||72 hr||8.33% chance||96 hr||12.1 hr||96 hr||N/A||111.6 hr||48 hr|
|Forest||32 hr||24 hr||32 hr||N/A||60 hr||150 hr||192 hr||72 hr||24 hr||N/A||48 hr||N/A||48 hr||111.6 hr||72.75 hr||111.6 hr|
|Shattered Savanna||8 hr||24 hr||32 hr||60 hr||150 hr||24 hr||290.9 hr||24 hr||36 hr||5.45% chance||48 hr||8 hr||48 hr||N/A||96 hr||36.9 hr|
|Birch Forest||12 hr||18.5 hr||12 hr||150 hr||24 hr||24 hr||291 hr||64 hr||18 hr||N/A||36.1 hr||N/A||36.1 hr||N/A||72.75 hr||96 hr|
|Beach||18.2 hr||150 hr||60 hr||N/A||60 hr||60 hr||N/A||18 hr||72 hr||6.25% chance||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||96 hr|
Namelayer is a Citadel reinforcement group manager that allows different groups to be created within the game. This includes access to buildings, chat groups, and other various in game mechanics.
The long list of commands can be avoided:
/nl [group name]- This opens the NameLayer menu
/nl is typed without a group name, a screen with an array of chestplates will appear. Each chestplate type corresponds with a different permission level.
Each level has it's own set of default permissions. These can be seen and/or edited by clicking on the associated chestplate. A player's abilities within this Namelayer group will be reliant on what level they are and which individual permissions they are granted at this level. There will be one chestplate that is enchanted, this is a player's default group. This is the group that blocks will be reinforced to when
/ctf is typed.
|/nlcg <group> [password]||Creates a group, optionally with password|
|/nlsp <group> <password>||Adds password to an existing group|
|/nljg <group> <password>||Joins a password protected group|
|/nlag <group>||Accepts an invitation to a group|
|/nlbl <group> <player>||Blacklists a player in a group|
|/nldg <group>||Deletes a group|
|/nlip <group> <player> (PlayerType- default MEMBERS)||Invites player to a group with optional rank|
|/nlleg <group>||Leaves a group|
|/nlmp <group> <add/remove> <PlayerType> <PermissionType>||Modifies the permissions of a group.|
|/nlpp <group> <player> <playertype>||Promotes/Demotes a Player in a group|
|/nlrg <group>||Rejects an invitation to a group.|
|/nlubl <group> <player>||Removes a player from the blacklist for a group|
|/nlrm <group> <member>||Removes a member from a group.|
|/nlri <group> <player>||Revokes an invite|
|/nlsdg <group>||Sets or changes default group|
|/nltaai||Toggles the auto-acceptance of invites|
|/nltg <group> <player>||Transfers a group to another owner|
|/nlunlink </super group>||Unlinks two groups from each other. [Unsupported]|
|/nlun [CONFIRM]||Updates account name on the server to the one minecraft account currently has [Unsupported]|
|/nllg||Lists all groups player is in. Formatted "<group> : <permission level>"|
|/nlgdg||Gets default group|
|/nlgls||Gets the amount of groups on server|
|/nlgs <group>||Get stats about a group. (Total members and list of members)|
|/nlid||Infodump including list of members for each role level in each group|
|/nllci||Lists players current active invites.|
|/nllm <group> (PlayerType)||List the players with selected role in a group|
|/nllp <group> <PlayerType>||Shows permissions for a PlayerType in a group.|
|/nlsbl <group>||Shows all blacklisted players for a group|
The FactoryMod plugin allows the production of materials at a higher efficiency. Some items in game can only be produced with factories. Each factory varies and they all have different recipes. A player can access all the factories and their recipes by typing
/fm in game. Each factory has a set amount of health that gradually degrades over time. When a factory's health reaches zero, it must be repaired using the repair recipe within the factory menu. If a factory is left at zero health for too long, it will break permanently and will no longer be repairable.
A factory can be created by placing a furnace, crafting table, and a chest side by side.
- The furnace is where fuel for the factory run is placed. When there is a fuel in the furnace, hit the furnace with a stick to start the factory.
- The crafting table is used to select the recipe to run. A player can open the factory's menu by hitting the crafting table with a stick. Mouse over the wanted item and click it to select that recipe.
- The chest holds the recipe's ingredients and is where the output is deposited. The factory health can be seen when the chest is hit with a stick.
To finish the factory creation, place the exact ingredients required for a specific factory in the chest an then left-click the crafting table. Factory recipes and required materials can be seen through the FactoryMod menus, accessed by typing
/fm [factory name].
Admins: MetalHusband, Longboyy
Moderators: TheJmqn, TTastic
Map Maker: Zem (Paralon), Ivain
(If you feel you can contribute, please contact any Owners on Discord)
Seven Wonders of the Ancient World Challenge
The CivReign admins announced a building competition, on the 1st of April, for players to build "wonders", with 7 people being selected and the top 3 winning prizes. The competition started on the 9th of April and the top 7 were announced on the 10th of May, with a public vote planned to pick the top 3. The winners of the public vote were announced on the 30th of May with Melon Man made by Seekinq and _Monkee winning the top prize of a $50 amazon gift card.
|The Lighthouse of Alexandria||Ferro|
|The Bridges of Alexandria||Archie|
|The Statue of Enlightenment||NikkoSama|
|The Kannin Harbor District||Leobonet||3rd Place||$10 gift card|
|Melon Man||Seekinq, trinitymelons||1st Place||$50 gift card|
|Ziqqurat of Fertility||Bananagod8D, Kicky_, Rceckie||2nd Place||$25 gift card|
- Server Launch Announcement: https://discord.com/channels/874786745600856114/874787095569391648/1058897562507161761
- Dev Diary 0: https://www.reddit.com/r/CivReign/comments/qsj4pw/development_diary_0_the_vision_of_civreign/
- MetalHusband (DM to Verify) (2022/4/1). “Good Evening @everyone ! With the recent announcement of our public beta launch, April 9th for those who missed it, we are excited to announce our first of many competitions/events! We want to make CivReign a world that revolves around you all, the players. We also think a beta should mean something to everyone, not just the dev team receiving data and fixing bugs. Therefore, even though the full launch will include a new map, we want to bring some of the wonderful things you build in the beta to the full release map. Introducing CivReign's SEVEN WONDERS OF THE ANCIENT WORLD CHALLENGE! The beta map will have many different places for players to explore and build in. We want players to show off their incredible building abilities by creating their own "wonders". The top seven builds during the competition will be deemed “ancient wonders”, with the top 3 winning additional prizes. Winning architects will receive the role "Wonder Architect" in this discord. Winners will be chosen by the admin team, then we will have the community vote on the Top 3 Wonders. The architects of these Top 3 Wonders will receive the following prizes. 1st Place: $50 Gift Card (Steam or Amazon) 2nd Place: $25 Gift Card 3rd Place: $10 Gift Card The contest will start on the day of the beta's release, April 9th, and conclude on May 9th. The admin team will choose our 7 finalists and our community will choose the top 3 in that week following May 9th.” – via Discord (#community-announcements). CivReign, a CivUnion Product. Retrieved 2022/5/16.