Mechanics and Plugins (CivMC)
Even though the server can be connected to with vanilla, through server-side changes with plugins, the mechanics on CivMC vastly differ from vanilla 1.18.2 in order in order enable and promote the formation and of civilizations
TODO: like still a lot
NameLayer (NL) is an open source plugin which manages the creation of NameLayer Groups, or simply groups. In conjunction with other plugins, Namelayer groups allow sharing reinforcements (and reinforced factories), bastions, snitches, group restricted item exchanges and sending shared chat messsages. Members of a group are assigned one of four different ranks: member, mod, admin, or owner. Additionally, players can be blacklisted from groups.
In CivMC by default you chat in local chat with a range of 1000 blocks, and local chat messages from further than 800 blocks appear grey, however you can also chat globally in NameLayer groups and private messages with every player by default being a member of the
! chat group
||Switches chat to the group chat for |
|/g <group> <message>||
||Enters a private message chat with |
|/tell <player> <message>||
||Leaves private message and group chat|
||Acts the same as |
||Toggle ignoring a player|
||Toggle ignoring a group|
|/ignorelist||List of ignored groups and players|
|/afk||Toggles afk (away from keyboard) state. Automatically replies to dms with an afk message when afk|
Citadel is an open source plugin which allows blocks to be reinforced, making them from tens to thousands of times harder and denying interaction. Reinforcements are tied to a Namelayer group and can be bypassed and interacted with by players with permission on that group. Some blocks from other civ plugins such as Snitches and Bastions only become active once reinforced.
There are several reinforcement modes which have different functionality. By default, you are in normal mode, which will not allow you to reinforce any blocks. To reinforce blocks, you must switch to a reinforcement mode.
- Fortify mode
- The command must be run while holding a reinforcement material or it will fail. While in fortify mode blocks placed are automatically reinforced to the selected
groupor your default group with the selected material. Fortify mode exits when a reinforcement is failed. Allows reinforcing both sides of a double chest
- Reinforce mode
- On reinforcement mode you can reinforce blocks to the selected
groupor your default group by punching or right clicking them with a reinforcement material, note that this mode will prevent you from breaking or interacting with blocks normally
- Easy mode
- Unlike other modes this only allows reinforcing to your default group. On easy reinforce you can hold a reinforcement material on your off-hand and automatically reinforce blocks you place with it, or hold the reinforcement material on your main-hand and punch blocks to reinforce them. Unlike Reinforce mode this won't generate warnings when attempting to interact with blocks without a reinforcement material, letting you leave it on. However, doing so may lead to accidental reinforcement
- Advanced mode
- The command must be run while holding the type of block you intend to reinforce in your mainhand and a reinforcement material in your offhand, you may do so again to add more targeted block types. Advanced mode behaves like fortify mode while allowing you to choose individual groups and different reinforcement types (or, by default, none) for each type block there is.
- Patch mode
- Repairs damaged reinforced blocks interacted (left or right click) with if you have the reinforcement material in your inventory. The chance of consuming the material is proportional to how damaged the block is.
- Normal mode
- Exits any reinforcement mode. By default also disables information mode if enabled but this can be changed in /config
Snitches are blocks which record the actions of other players in a radius around them. They come in two varieties: noteblocks and jukeboxes. Noteblocks only record player movement, while jukeboxes record all player actions, including breaking blocks and opening chests. Noteblocks and jukeboxes must be reinforced to turn into snitches. Snitches are managed by the JukeAlert plugin (source).
A Factory is a special multi-block structure which is the only way to craft Experience, can be used to craft mass quantities of items at a reduced price, and is the only way to craft some advanced items such as Bastions. There are many different factories, each with a distinct purpose. Factories are managed by the FactoryMod plugin (source).
ItemExchange is a community-made plugin that facilitates asynchronous trade without sacrificing physicality or raidability.
Brewery is a plugin that allows players to make their own liquor. Recipes typically vary across each server and may be kept secret by the server's administrators, requiring experimentation by players to discover. You can find the original documentation for this plugin here, although much of it is out of date for modern civ servers.
Bastions are blocks which allow you to secure an area from enemies. They generally come in two varieties: Vault Bastions and City Bastions. Depending on its type, bastions can prevent block placements, reinforcements, ender pearls landing, and more from any player not on the Namelayer group the bastion is reinforced to. Bastions can be broken over time by performing many disallowed actions.
Bastions are managed by the Bastion plugin (source).
Exile Pearl is an open source plugin which allows killing a player to exile or imprison them, placing restrictions on their gameplay. Exiled or imprisoned players are often referred to as pearled players.
Finale is a highly configurable community plugin utilized by many civ servers to alter combat .
In CivMC the following changes are applied:
- Sweeping attacks are disabled
- Attack cooldown is removed
- The cooldown of ender pearls and golden apples is set to 16 seconds
- Clicks per second are limited to 9
- Custom food health regeneration and knockback values are set
- All non-sword damage is reduced by 20%
- Instant health regenerates 12 points of hp (6 x ♥)
Logging out and Combat tag
When disconnecting normally from the server players leave behind a CombatLogger for at least 60 seconds, commonly referred to as logger, a CombatLogger is a player entity that can not move (or be moved) but can be killed, it's death is treated as the player dying meaning they can be pearled or lose inventory. To avoid leaving this entity behind you can issue the
/logout command, starting a 10 second countdown that, if not interrupted by PvP or movement, will disconnect the player at the end without leaving a logger, this however is disabled while you're combat tagged
Besides entering PvP throwing an ender pearl also combat tags you
Fixes, exploit prevention, disabled features, etc
- AntiStasisChamber - disables ender pearl stasis chamber by limiting ender pearl duration
- AttrHider - hides item attributes from other players so CIT texture packs only work on your own
- AutoRespawn - respawns the player after a set period of not pressing the respawn button so they can't continue to observe after dying
- BeeKeeping - replaces some mob spawns with bees
- BuffSpanker - disables certain buffs and debuffs
- disableIronFarms - disables iron golem farms
- disableEnderCrystalDamage - makes end crystals do no damage
- canEquipBanners - allow players to equip a banners on their heads by punching the ground with a banner
- preventPearlGlitching - prevent going through blocks with ender pearls, also prevents ender pearls from landing at times
what does this hack even do
- noooot sure if false here means it disable spawns or is vanilla
- ShipOutOfLuck - no ice boat
- enderChestUse - disables accessing enderchests
- grindstoneUse - disables accessing grindstones
- chorusFruitTeleportation - disables teleporting with chorus fruits
- stopBedBombingInHellBiomes - stops exploding beds in the nether
- stopAnchorBombing - disables exploding respawn anchors in the overworld
- chunkLimits - limits these blocks to certain numbers per chunk (should probably be a table but idk how to make one yet)
HOPPER: 16 DISPENSER: 16 DROPPER: 16 COMPARATOR: 12 FURNACE: 40 BLAST_FURNACE: 40 BREWING_STAND: 40 SMOKER: 40 CAMPFIRE: 40 SOUL_CAMPFIRE: 40
- daytimeBed - allows setting spawn in daytime (although it's now a vanilla feature)
- oneToOneNether: true
stopTrapHorses: true killTrapHorses: true allowVillagerTrading: false
HorseStats: enabled: true wand: COMPASS
SaplingHack: enabled: true #Should we still roll the dice for people when using a fortune enchanted tool? allow_fortune: true blocks: JUNGLE_LEAVES: 0.025 DARK_OAK_LEAVES: 0.05
todo format all this stuff under fixes and exploit prevention currently only copy pasting the info from github