Most plugin pages need a lot of work. Check Mechanics and Plugins for a list of plugin pages. Generally, these pages need to be "de-civclassic'd" - they were written at a time when CivClassic was the predominant civ server, and tended to skew too much towards civclassic-specific advice instead of the more general, server-agnostic writing the wiki should be using.
In particular, many plugin pages reference a server-specific value for certain configuration options ("chat range is 1000 blocks", "snitch range is 23x23x23", etc). If this value has never changed across civ servers, it's fine to leave as is. However, if any significant server has used a different value for the config then a tabbed table needs to be constructed to display the difference between servers. See Citadel#Materials for an example of a tabbed table with per-server values.
This will likely require some research on your part to find the particular config value for that server, especially if the server stopped many years ago. Most servers make their configs public on github repositories.
Here are some really specific tasks (please remove them from here once you finish them):
- Brewery move civclassic info to separate page (probably Brewery Recipes (CivClassic)
- Kira needs documentation transcribed from maxopoly's github (https://github.com/Maxopoly/Kira/wiki/API / https://github.com/Maxopoly/Kira/wiki/Relays)
- Factory "important factories" needs a rewrite and a mention of other actually important factories (ore smelter / charcoal maker, basically everything in the basic tech tree, don't include aesthetic factories)
- HiddenOre civclassic-specific drop table needs to be moved to a separate page or converted into a tabbed table for different servers)
- Enchanting needs to be de-civclassics-ified to not reference factories or "cauldrons" so much (instead say something like "in most modern civ servers, xp is produced through special Factories, which may include multiple factory tiers which are more efficient..."). Don't reference farming/botting so heavily - that is liable to change in future civ servers.
- Elevator needs to be de-civclassics-ified: not all servers use a gold block as their elevator, and civmc uses lodestones as their elevator block. Remove minecraft elevators or only very briefly mention them; they're not part of the plugin.
- CastleGate needs documentation transcribed from https://github.com/DevotedMC/CastleGates/wiki
- ItemExchange#Relays needs documentation transcribed from the reddit post https://old.reddit.com/r/civclassics/comments/hh646y/introducing_shop_relays_using_ender_chests_to/
Update meta pages
Meta pages such as CivWiki:Editing Projects and CivWiki:Editing Guide are perhaps the most important to keep updated and clear. It must be clear how to edit a page and to what standards a page is judged.
Civcraft 2.0 Importing
You'll see there are lots of pages under
CivcraftImport:. That's all the stuff from the old Civcraft 2.0 wiki. Follow CivcraftImport:How to for more details on integrating them into the wiki.
Make table containing all Civ flags. (see : Flags)
Categories need a rework. It is not always clear when a category should be applied. Category names follow the Wikipedia style of using plural names for lists of similar things (e.g. Category:Treaties), and singular for pages related to one thing (e.g. Category:Civcraft). There is not a clear criteria for 'Good Article' or any other article ranking.
Periodically check Special:UncategorizedPages for pages that lack a category. Categorizing pages is important as uncatagorized pages are likely to be hard to find and thus often ignored, regardless of the quality of their content.
Any custom formatting possible on Wikipedia is possible on CivWiki, and sometimes can be imported in only a few clicks. Templates can greatly increase ease and speed of editing, navigating and reading. If you are unsure of where to find good templates or inspiration, use Wikipedia's random good article feature.
Based upon Template:Infobox civilization, a number of other useful infoboxes are needed, but less necessary:
Dynamic page list
The version of dynamic page list used by CivWiki is outdated and lacks features. This is what is used to list "★★★★★ Model pages" on the CivWiki main page. As this is essential it would be useful to find a superior alternative that allows for more precise and readable formatting.
It is worth periodically going through Maintenance special pages in order to keep the wiki clean and usable (Note : many of these lists are unhelpfully filled with CivcraftImport pages. Try to fix this if possible).
- This is filled with templates and thus not particularly useful. Try to fix it to show only wanted pages linked by users.
- Almost all pages have some related pages that they should link to or be linked to.
- Double redirects should be removed