Any relevant information pertaining to CivClassic mechanics and gameplay belongs in the Comprehensive Guide. Nevertheless, article standards are not lowered and superfluous content is unacceptable.
- Try to write in a reasonably academic/'wiki appropriate' style. Second person is allowed but try to minimize its usage when possible
- Use references to cite sources when possible (eg. A plugin readme)
- Do not segregate content by plugin for no reason. If multiple plugins change the same gameplay aspect it is better to group the content under one section (However, do use footnotes to show which plugin does what - this can be helpful for readers interested in finding external sources).
- Use and fix
- Plugins may not cleanly fit inside a core comprehensive guide section
Combat. However if most of a plugin or mechanic is relevant, it is preferable to place it in respective category then in
Sections are ranked roughly by the proportion of pertinent information filled in.
Almost all pertinent information
Most pertinent information
Some pertinent information
Very little or no pertinent information
Existing guides may be useful to mine for information. Those listed below are likely to have been extensively mined already.
- Brinton's New User's Guide
- Bgbba's New User's Guide
- Crimeo's Security tips for new friends
- LordofMarzipan's Centre For Children Who Can't Protect Their Stuff Good And Want To Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too
You may add more guides to this list that may contain pertinent information:
Formatting To Do
- Links from one part of the Comprehensive Guide to another part of the Comprehensive Guide should be distinguishable from links to elsewhere on the Wiki. e.g.
- Templates for talkpages eg. section completeness could be useful
- Could use a section on superfriends, modmail and how administration works.