Logo of The Lantern
|Foundation date||May 16, 2013|
|Issues||8 issues, starting from issue 0 till issue 7|
|Format(s)||A pdf distributed via the Civcraft subreddit|
• Assistant editor
• Freelance writers
• Civcraft Renderer
• Graphic Designer
The Lantern was a newspaper offering editorials and advertisement, which began by publishing weekly, and later published bi-weekly. The first issue was launched May 16, 2013, after the end of Civcraft 1.0, the newspaper continuing into the start of Civcraft 2.0. Adverts could be bought for Iron. The newspaper was started and edited by cahutchins and content was written by many different freelance writers. Featured articles covered subjects as
- Updates from Civcraft Public Works.
- Travelogues and pictures from The_Traveler.
- Columns, news and bald-faced propaganda from across the political grid, with the likes of Zombie_Lenin, Eaglesrock and more.
- Interviews with major Civcraft personalities.
- Major political announcements:
- Election results, constitutional events, hostile takeovers, Communist revolu-tions, coups, both bloodless and otherwise, etcetera.
- Official land claims by nations and cities.
- Sporting announcements: Spleef tournaments and court openings, Machine Chess leagues and publicly accessible game boards, pig races, capture-the-flag tournaments, etcetera.
- Letters to the editor, short opinion pieces of a political, social or satirical nature.
- Screenshots or renders of beautiful or interesting locations on the 2.0 server.
- Architectural features, with screenshots and building guides.
The Lantern Newspaper
|Issue number||Date of Issue||Main Headline||Reddit Publication|
|0||May 16, 2013||An interview with ttk2||link|
|1||May 22, 2013||A New Beginning, A New Set of Goals||link|
|2||May 29, 2013||Building a Better World||link|
|3||June 5, 2013||The Battle of Rothbard||link|
|4||June 12, 2013||A Newfriend's Guide to Politics||link|
|5||June 20, 2013||Heart of Darkness: Infiltrating the HCF||link|
|6||June 29, 2013||The Metropolis: Thriving community or failed experiment?||link|
|7||July 12, 2013||The War on Griefers: How far is too far?||link|
|8||July 26, 2013 [PROJECTED]||Was never released|
The Lantern published advertisements from interested parties. The rate for an 8x1,5 inch advertisement was 10 iron blocks per issue.
<description of business structure, internal and/or external>
<history of business>