- Firstly you did not only revert my removal of divisions, you also reverted me changing the headers to more valid and senseful names (invasion -> war). Secondly, the banning of some Butternutters is not itself sufficiently notable for a section by itself- for God's sake, it is two sentences in length. Freeing the Gang Shi fighters was also not notable enough for an entire section dedicated to it, it's about one quite short paragraph in length. I understand wanting to split off the "Exile of Icenian Government" part to its own section, so that could be kept, but "On 13 June, Gwua stated that the war would not end with the fall of Icenia, and that it was "just the beginning of the campaign", with the rest of the Security Enhancement Coalition firmly within their crosshairs.. Also on June 13th, SEC fighters pearled a Butternut login in a door tunnel at Whole Foods." and "The same day, Bloom issued a bounty of 128 diamond blocks and Diet_Cola’s spawnbook for the pearl of chosentwicelol." should be in the same paragraph.
- "Attacks on Cane Corp and Loss of Gang Shi and Butternut combatants" is an excessively lengthy title, and half of it is unnecessary anyways- in war, you lose combatants, that doesn't need to be noted in the header. And the nether infrastructure section could be kept, but "Combat in Icenia City" should be changed to "Battles in Icenia City". In addition, the "Butternut forces encountering resistance" photo is quite irrelevant and not necessary, it shows a guy on fire and other soldiers in armor. The "SEC POV Skybridging the Butternut Vault" photo is also not worthy to be in the article, it has some ppl standing, not relevant. We don't need that many photos in the article, it's excessive, and plus having them all aligned on the right looks ugly. Having too many sections, some for quite trivial events, is also excessive and what I was trying to avoid. Presidentofyes12 (talk) 22:21, 23 June 2023 (UTC)
- yes, some of the header titles are quite long and we could probably trim them down. but i disagree about merging sections just because they are short. they indicate a timeline of notable events. even though an event may be notable, there may not be that much to write about them. e.g. a banwave is a notable event distinct from other events, as it is admin intervention within a war that could have had notable effects. it didn’t, but it still marks uncertainty at the time of the war that is useful to understanding it. i would elaborate more but i am busy rn; please don’t force redo your changes Pontaoski (talk) 22:41, 23 June 2023 (UTC)
Page move to "Buttsecs War"
As much as I hate to do this, I assume there's a general consensus on moving the page to a Butt sex war variant name, but still need a consensus on spelling on whether to move this to "Buttsex War", "Buttsecs War", "ButtSEC War" or we could just go to "Butternut-SEC War" or something Specificlanguage (talk) 00:53, 2 July 2023 (UTC)
- buttsecs is the variant i've seen most commonly Pontaoski (talk) 01:01, 2 July 2023 (UTC)
- I've almost always heard this war called the "Buttsecs War", we would be right to use that variant Flameoguy (talk) 22:44, 2 July 2023 (UTC)
Officially this is called the Butternut-SEC War (https://old.reddit.com/r/CivMC/comments/14p7ndb/butternut_sec_war_sentencing/) so we should use that Okxsh (talk) 10:13, 3 July 2023 (UTC)
- Agree, would make linking the page slightly easier and more importantly, SFW. I do want to give this war a correct, agreeable name prior to making another move. Specificlanguage (talk) 15:50, 3 July 2023 (UTC)
- we have one (1) post using this name, as opposed to the tens of posts and hundreds of discord messages that we can use to attest to the war being referred to as “buttsecs” Pontaoski (talk) 17:21, 3 July 2023 (UTC)