Official logo of CivReign
|Minecraft Version||Now supports 1.18 clients for open beta|
CivReign is an in-development civ server currently in open beta, whose development was announced publicly on the 12th of November, 2021. The public beta was released on April 9th, 2022, the information of joining can be found on the Discord found on this wiki page, verification being required, via by DMing select staff members (namely those with their names modified to show "DM ME FOR VERIFICATION"). The goal of CivReign is to innovate the civ genre by expanding the tech tree by building off old plugins and introducing new plugins such as Smeltery and Descent.
CivReign had been in development since August 2021, but it was publicly announced on November 12th, 2021. The server was initially planned to be run on 1.12.2 but an expansion of the staff team allowed the server version to be moved to 1.16.5. The administration initially communicated to the community through DevDiaries posted on the subreddit. The alpha of the server was initially planned to be launched on January 22nd, but due to a lack of factory configurations it had to be delayed. The project remained inactive until it was announced that CivRev would be merging with CivReign to centralize development, with CivRev acting as a test server. After more config work was done, the server pre-alpha was announced on February 22nd and launched on February 24th for patrons and their invitees only. A public beta was announced on March 28th, with a launch date of April 9th. It is unknown how long the beta will last.
Released on April 9th, 12 PM (EST), on 2022, the beta saw various successes, albeit with some much needed fixes. A tournament was held as well, to help rally up support, (along with giving people something to do during a much-needed reset to fix some problems with the resource pack), and was won by Bob_The_Builder after some minor errors allowed them to be respawned and duel off against a previous opponent, winning themselves a 20 dollar gift card. The beta continues on currently, with the staff team applying fixes whilst they are able.
- No cheating. Any modded client which causes undue load on the server may be kicked or banned for resource abuse.
- Players are limited to 1 account, and no alts. Botting will be allowed on this account.
- No VPNs or bypassing the whitelist. To appeal your loss of access, simply message a moderator or the Community Manager.
- Cheating is against the rules. Cheating includes, but is not limited to:
- Using xray or any other kind of tool to retrieve information about blocks that would not be retrievable in a vanilla client
- Using auto clickers, kill aura, reach or any other kind of client side modification which gives a direct advantage in PvP combat.
- Using fast break, interact hacks or any other kind of modification allowing behavior which is impossible to achieve with a vanilla client.
- Intentionally exploiting unintended mechanics to circumvent major aspects of the server's balance.
- Abusing bugs of any kind, especially item duplication.
- Bots are allowed to read any inventory, their selected hot bar slot, their own location, their health, their hunger, their potion effects, their EXP, their boss bar, chat messages, kick reasons, player logins/logouts, the tab list and nothing else.
- Reading environmental data in particular is not allowed. This includes the location of any entities and any block.
- You are only allowed to read server provided chat messages, not ones generated by client side mods
- If you are developing your own botting framework, different rules may apply so that your bot obeys the laws of physics. Contact an admin if you need further clarification
- Bots/scripts are not allowed to automate mining or the building of infrastructure. If you are unsure if your bot meets requirements, reach out to the admin team for clarificaiton.
- Assisting another player in avoiding a ban or otherwise circumventing the rules is bannable. Entrapping or threatening another player into avoiding a ban or otherwise circumventing the rules is also bannable.
- Knowledge about severe rule breaking is incriminating. If you know about someone breaking the rules but fail to report it you may be punished as well. Even more so the case if you actively profited from their rule breaking.
- You are not allowed to play CivReign if you are below the age of 13
- Any violation of Local, State, Federal, or any other jurisdiction where our services are located, law will be reported to the proper authorities and met with a ban
- Severe rule violations on our out of game services like Reddit or Discord may lead to ingame bans
- Use of the world download mod, replaymod, or other mod that creates an offline version of areas of CivReign, for the purposes of obtaining otherwise unknown information is not permitted.
- Using VPN, VPS or any kind of proxy to avoid a ban or alt ban is not allowed.
- Trading ingame goods or services for out of game goods or services (including RMT) is not allowed. If you are unsure whether this applies to what you are planning, ask first.
- Using Optifine Resource Packs (CIT) to visualize additional item information not available in the vanilla client (like armor durability or enchants) is not allowed
- Distributing malicious software of any kind is not allowed
Citadel allows placed blocks to be reinforced. This makes griefing more difficult; however, reinforcing a block costs resources. These resources vary depending on the server. CivReign's resources and their assigned values are listed in the table below. This plugin works by requiring reinforcement blocks under a foreign group to require multiple block breaks before the block is finally destroyed. When the block has been broken the designated number of times(based on the reinforcement material) it will look like a regular block. The amount of times a block must be broken depends on the level of reinforcement used. In order to break reinforced blocks more efficiently, multiple players can break the same block simultaneously.
In order to combat grief using reinforced blocks, acid blocks(gold blocks in game) can be used remove reinforced blocks. To use acid blocks, the player must put the acid block under the reinforced block that they want to get rid of, and reinforce it with the same material that the unwanted block is reinforced with. Once the acid block is matured, the player will need to look at the acid block and type
/ctacid. The gold block and its reinforcement will be recovered, but the unwanted block will disappear.
|Reinforcement Material||Acid Maturation|
/ctrWhile holding a reinforcement material in your hand, type this command and right-click on the block that you wish to reinforce.
/ctbThis command allows you to bypass your own reinforcement(on by default). Type this command and breka your reinforced block to retrieve your materials.
/ctfType this command while a reinforcement material is in your inventory and the blocks you place will become reinforced.
/ctiType this command and punch a reinforced block to get the name of the reinforcement material, strength, and maturation information.
Realistic biomes changes the rate at which crops grow depending on the biome that they are planted in. Other factors such as light level, light object, soil depth, etc also affect the growth times. As a general rule of thumb, most crops will grow best when put in direct sunlight and on solid ground.
|Swamp||12 hr||18.5 hr||12 hr||150 hr||24 hr||24 hr||291 hr||36 hr||18 hr||N/A||36.1 hr||N/A||36.1 hr||N/A||72.75 hr||96 hr|
|Swamp Hills||32 hr||24 hr||32 hr||N/A||60 hr||150 hr||192 hr||72 hr||24 hr||N/A||48 hr||N/A||48 hr||111.6 hr||72.75 hr||111.6 hr|
|Taiga||12 hr||24 hr||8 hr||24 hr||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||36 hr||N/A||72.75 hr||8 hr||72.75 hr||36.6 hr||N/A||N/A|
|Taiga Hills||32 hr||60 hr||12 hr||60 hr||N/A||N/A||145.5 hr||N/A||72 hr||N/A||96 hr||8 hr||96 hr||48 hr||N/A||N/A|
|Snowy Taiga||60 hr||150 hr||60 hr||18.5 hr||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||48 hr||N/A||N/A|
|Snowy Taiga Hills||85.75 hr||200 hr||N/A||24 hr||N/A||N/A||96 hr||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||72.75||N/A||N/A|
|Giant Spruce Taiga||32 hr||60 hr||12 hr||60 hr||N/A||N/A||145.5 hr||N/A||72 hr||N/A||96 hr||8 hr||96 hr||48 hr||N/A||N/A|
|Giant Spruce Taiga Hills||60 hr||150 hr||32 hr||150 hr||N/A||N/A||192 hr||N/A||144 hr||N/A||111.6 hr||12.1 hr||111.6 hr||72.75 hr||N/A||N/A|
|Jungle||60 hr||150 hr||32 hr||N/A||24 hr||24 hr||291 hr||36 hr||144 hr||N/A||111.6 hr||N/A||111.6 hr||N/A||48 hr||96 hr|
|Jungle Hills||85.75 hr||200 hr||60 hr||200 hr||60 hr||60 hr||182 hr||72 hr||72 hr||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||72.75 hr||111.6 hr|
|Plains||12 hr||60 hr||60 hr||150 hr||200 hr||60 hr||192 hr||36 hr||72 hr||8.33% chance||96 hr||12.1 hr||96 hr||N/A||111.6 hr||48 hr|
|Forest||32 hr||24 hr||32 hr||N/A||60 hr||150 hr||192 hr||72 hr||24 hr||N/A||48 hr||N/A||48 hr||111.6 hr||72.75 hr||111.6 hr|
|Shattered Savanna||8 hr||24 hr||32 hr||60 hr||150 hr||24 hr||290.9 hr||24 hr||36 hr||5.45% chance||48 hr||8 hr||48 hr||N/A||96 hr||36.9 hr|
|Birch Forest||12 hr||18.5 hr||12 hr||150 hr||24 hr||24 hr||291 hr||64 hr||18 hr||N/A||36.1 hr||N/A||36.1 hr||N/A||72.75 hr||96 hr|
|Beach||18.2 hr||150 hr||60 hr||N/A||60 hr||60 hr||N/A||18 hr||72 hr||6.25% chance||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||96 hr|
After the official end of CivEx, Descent was left without a home, until the suggestion of the Reign staff team led to Kannon contacted Samnrad and EarthComputer about their plugin, eventually leading to the pair officially joining the Reign's team, finishing the final touches on their plugin (Descent was essentially finished by the end of CivEx).
In game, Descent "caves" are spawned randomly when mining and are shown as shulker boxes but have a custom look when using the server texture pack. To enter a cave, a player must click on the chat message and they will be teleported to a new dimension. A player can leave the cave by either exiting through the same portal or by typing
/descent leave in chat, however this has a 15 minute cooldown. Each cave is procedurally generated and therefore has it's own unique mobs, ores, fauna, and terrain. These caves are necessary to obtain certain materials that are not available in the default dimension but are required to advance along the tech-tree.
Namelayer is a Citadel reinforcement group manager that allows different groups to be created within the game. This includes access to buildings, chat groups, and other various in game mechanics.
The long list of commands can be avoided:
/nl [group name]- This opens the NameLayer menu
/nl is typed without a group name, a screen with an array of chestplates will appear. Each chestplate type corresponds with a different permission level.
Each level has it's own set of default permissions. These can be seen and/or edited by clicking on the associated chestplate. A player's abilities within this Namelayer group will be reliant on what level they are and which individual permissions they are granted at this level. There will be one chestplate that is enchanted, this is a player's default group. This is the group that blocks will be reinforced to when
/ctf is typed.
|/nlcg <group> [password]||Creates a group, optionally with password|
|/nlsp <group> <password>||Adds password to an existing group|
|/nljg <group> <password>||Joins a password protected group|
|/nlag <group>||Accepts an invitation to a group|
|/nlbl <group> <player>||Blacklists a player in a group|
|/nldg <group>||Deletes a group|
|/nlip <group> <player> (PlayerType- default MEMBERS)||Invites player to a group with optional rank|
|/nlleg <group>||Leaves a group|
|/nlmp <group> <add/remove> <PlayerType> <PermissionType>||Modifies the permissions of a group.|
|/nlpp <group> <player> <playertype>||Promotes/Demotes a Player in a group|
|/nlrg <group>||Rejects an invitation to a group.|
|/nlubl <group> <player>||Removes a player from the blacklist for a group|
|/nlrm <group> <member>||Removes a member from a group.|
|/nlri <group> <player>||Revokes an invite|
|/nlsdg <group>||Sets or changes default group|
|/nltaai||Toggles the auto-acceptance of invites|
|/nltg <group> <player>||Transfers a group to another owner|
|/nlunlink </super group>||Unlinks two groups from each other. [Unsupported]|
|/nlun [CONFIRM]||Updates account name on the server to the one minecraft account currently has [Unsupported]|
|/nllg||Lists all groups player is in. Formatted "<group> : <permission level>"|
|/nlgdg||Gets default group|
|/nlgls||Gets the amount of groups on server|
|/nlgs <group>||Get stats about a group. (Total members and list of members)|
|/nlid||Infodump including list of members for each role level in each group|
|/nllci||Lists players current active invites.|
|/nllm <group> (PlayerType)||List the players with selected role in a group|
|/nllp <group> <PlayerType>||Shows permissions for a PlayerType in a group.|
|/nlsbl <group>||Shows all blacklisted players for a group|
The FactoryMod plugin allows the production of materials at a higher efficiency. Some items in game can only be produced with factories. Each factory varies and they all have different recipes. A player can access all the factories and their recipes by typing
/fm in game. Each factory has a set amount of health that gradually degrades over time. When a factory's health reaches zero, it must be repaired using the repair recipe within the factory menu. If a factory is left at zero health for too long, it will break permanently and will no longer be repairable.
A factory can be created by placing a furnace, crafting table, and a chest side by side.
- The furnace is where fuel for the factory run is placed. When there is a fuel in the furnace, hit the furnace with a stick to start the factory.
- The crafting table is used to select the recipe to run. A player can open the factory's menu by hitting the crafting table with a stick. Mouse over the wanted item and click it to select that recipe.
- The chest holds the recipe's ingredients and is where the output is deposited. The factory health can be seen when the chest is hit with a stick.
To finish the factory creation, place the exact ingredients required for a specific factory in the chest an then left-click the crafting table. Factory recipes and required materials can be seen through the FactoryMod menus, accessed by typing
/fm [factory name].
Descent Devs: EarthComputer, Samnrad
Devs: Owain_X, Requalre, Protonull, SharpCastle, MetalHusband
Map Maker: Zem
Community Manager: Cortwade
Consultants: Bloof, Leobonet, JP, Zem, JuniorTide, Uniter, SharpCastle33
Owners: Kannon, Cortwade, Owain_X
(If you feel you can contribute, please contact any Owners on Discord)
Dev Diary 1: