Logo for CivMC as of December 2021
|Start Date||June 2, 2022|
CivMC is a Civ Server owned by Wingzero, who is also its lead admin.
It was announced in a reddit post made public in the early morning of 17 December 2021 (UTC). In this post, it was announced that CivMC is planned to run on Minecraft 1.18, and "will be publishing more information on an alpha testing phase in the new year ".
In late February 2022, Wing began posting semi-weekly teasers for upcoming features and mechanics of the server.On March 25th, the 10 year anniversary of the launch of Civcraft 1.0, the admins hosted a Q&A and revealed or confirmed a slew of features. On May 13, Wingzero announced the server would release on May 26, 2022. Roughly 4 hours before the initial planned server launch time, the CivMC admins announced a week delay due to some bugs and for additional aesthetic changes. The newer launch date was set to June 2, 2022.
CivMC was launched at June 2, 2022, with over 400 players attempting to join on launch. Less than half of users being able to play on launch due to high server load, and many people were stuck in a queue.
These are some of the confirmed mechanics present in CivMC:
- 1 account limit (Was originally supposed to be a 3 account limit)
- Bound armor
- More useful Brewery
- Reinforcement decay is localised, forcing players to be physically near their reinforcements to refresh them as opposed to decay which refreshed simply by logging in, like on CivClassic.
- 1.8 PvP (originally it was announced that CivMC would have 1.9 PVP until said announcement was revealed as a prank on April 1, 2022)
- A limited number of nether portals that can be used to access the nether, which is 1:1 with the overworld and where pearled players are now sent instead of the End.
- Possible future sharding and a ban on world border vaults to account for this.
- Nether Only Reinforcement Materials: Netherbrick - 50 Breaks Gold Ingot - 300 Breaks Gilded Blackstone - 2000 Breaks
With the launch of the second installment of r/place on April fools, the CivMC community has attempted to secure a space on the canvas. Before the entire r/Place was whited out, there was a small rendition of the server's logo on the south eastern side of the canvas.
Two admins who had been a part of the server's first months, BlueSylvaer and Infra_, resigned after various accusations of violating the conduct and content policy, and engaging in real-world consequence activities within other Civ servers and within Discord. Other admins have made some statements in reference to these allegations, saying the latter had been forcibly removed and leaving most Civ-related discords prior to the server's launch. Infra announced his departure via a discord announcement sent post launch in July 2022.
- List of nations on CivMC
- List of Conflicts on CivMC
- Geographical Regions
- Interactive world map of CivMC